As there are more than 20 beaches on this small island, people sometimes ponder as to which one it the best. Obviously this is a highly subjective thing to ask as each individual has a different taste. Additionally, it might just happen that due to currents on that day or perhaps any other reason, the water might not be just that clear on that particular day.
Taking the above into consideration it is a difficult list to make, as it would be a judgment call. However, I’m going to dare and put it out there. I specifically titled this post “Aruba’s Best Beaches” as opposed to “Aruba’s Most Popular Beaches”, which means that the beaches aren’t judged by most frequented.
The top 5:
1. Mangel Halto
- Pro: no commercialization, shallow clear water, good snorkeling
- Con: no beach facility, difficult to find
2. Arashi Beach
- Pro: beach facility, shallow clear water, close to resorts
- Con: poor snorkeling
3. Rodgers Beach
- Pro: not many crowds (people visit neighboring Baby Beach instead)
- Con: view to the west not so nice (refinery)
4. Eagle Beach
- Pro: long stretched beach, sea floor sandy in many places, some facility available
- Con: snorkeling is not spectacular, gets crowded on local public holidays
5. Malmok Beach (small area)
- Pro: unknown place, good snorkeling, good alternative to Mangel Halto, short drive from hotels
- Con: no beach facility
If you want some more details on the above mentioned beaches please visit arubabeaches.net/beaches
Former Aruba tour guide, trying to provide value to Aruba travelers.