Note: This page has been revised several times since it’s original posting date.
Ever since condos starting to appear onto Aruba’s real estate scene, I started to pay more attention to them and write more about them. The posts and photographs of the condos received a lot of attention from people seeking information.
The information giving process towards potential clients seems to be deficient by the developers. People don’t always want to be pushed into a sales appointment or a pushy information meeting, but are rather curious about the project and the possibilities. People are just shopping around until the perfect condo with the perfect price appears. I’ve received several e-mails by people just like that asking for that kind of information. I was ready to help out naturally. Take note, developers.
Location location location
Perhaps the oldest rule in real estate is that the location of the property must be top notch. The majority of the condos here in Aruba are planned to appear broad area of Eagle Beach or Palm Beach. The beach will be at walking distance most of the time.
It also means that such an A1 location, with a spectacular view, isn’t going to come cheaply. Be prepared to fork over more than a quarter million US dollars for a smaller unit. Judging by the fact that property isn’t available in abundance on such a small island, it is highly unlikely that the price is going to come down any time soon.
Regardless the size of the unit, they have one thing in common: they’re highly luxurious. Expect to find many amenities typical of the contemporary condo project. Some of them even offer some resort amenities.
There are several condo projects currently under construction and others in the pipeline. If you wonder what is currently going on in terms of condo development in Aruba, I thought it would be a good idea to do the investigative work for you. For your convenience there’s a list with Aruba condo projects below. There are a few with images as well. Take note that this is not a complete list, but surely is a handy list.
List of condominium projects in no particular order:
1. Jardines del Mar
- Description: Small 34 unit condominium project located near Eagle Beach.
- Vicinity: Eagle Beach, Aqua Windie’s Dive Shop, Hospital, Divi Links Golf, Alhambra Casino, public transport.
- Status: Completed, units for sale.
- Prices start at: $350,000
2. The Residences at Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort
- Description: Project of 54 units in a wide variety of sizes, located at Divi Links Golf.
- Vicinity: Druif Beach, Hospital, Divi Links Golf, Alhambra Casino, public transport, Windows On Aruba, Mulligan’s, IGA grocery store.
- Status: Construction ongoing, units for sale.
- Prices: $350,000 – $1,200,000.
- Contact: www.diviarubaresidences.com
3. Pearl Eagle Beach Aruba
- Description: Small and intimate condo project consisting of 25 units, located a few minutes from Eagle Beach. Only two bedroom units available.
- Vicinity: Eagle Beach, Hospital.
- Status: Completed, units for sale.
- Prices: $330,000.
- Contact: www.arubapearl.com
4. Oceania Residences Aruba
- Description: Project of 54 units located across Eagle Beach.
- Vicinity: Eagle Beach, Chalet Suisse, Key Largo Casino, public transport.
- Status: Phases 1, 2, 3 and 4 completed. Phase 5 construction ongoing. Sold Out. Re-sale only.
- Prices: Re-sale only.
- Contact: www.arubacondo.com
5. The Cliff Beachfront Condominium Aruba
- Description: Luxury high rise condo project between Eagle Beach and Palm Beach.
- Vicinity: Eagle Beach, Palm Beach, Butterfly Farm.
- Status: The Cliff defunct. Project rebranded to Blue Residence Club.
- Prices: N/A
6. Acqua Condominium Aruba
- Description: High rise condominium project in the heart of Palm Beach.
- Vicinity: Palm Beach, Moomba Beach, Paseo Herencia, Tony Roma’s, TGI Friday’s, Hadicurari, Excelsior Casino, Jolly Pirates, ArubaSalsa.
- Status: Construction ongoing. Units for sale. Problems reported in the past with construction effort.
- Prices: $250,000.
- Contact: www.acquaruba.com
7. Oasis Luxury Condominiums
- Description: Small 35 unit project located near Eagle Beach.
- Vicinity: Eagle Beach, Chalet Suisse, Key Largo Casino, Morgan’s Water Park.
- Status: Construction near completed. (September 2011).
- Prices: $460,000.
- Contact: www.oasisaruba.com
* Note: There are other announced projects, see below. I will put them in the list above as soon as the contours of the projects become visible.
In the pipeline:
- Las Islas Palm Beach Condominiums (status: non-existent)
- The Sands Eagle Beach Aruba (status: inactive)
- The White House Condominiums (status: non-existent)
- Goldcoast Malmok Aruba (status: project full ahead)
- Kasa Alba (status: defunct, plans for sale)
- Tucasa Town Villas (status: non-existent)